Monday, November 15, 2010

WTC is killing me..

I'm going to address several issues I have with Western Technical College.

Number one, I buy a $90 parking pass from the school, and I don't even have anywhere to park. That is ridiculous. Its completely ridiculous that I should have to buy one anyway. Include it in my tuition, god knows I pay enough to come here.

Number two, Printing fees. The school probably gets paper and ink for free or extremely discounted. They charge me a dime per printed page? That is absolutely horrendous. If I didn't have to print anything out, I wouldn't. But my teachers make me, in order to stay in their classes. Thats stupid, again include it in my tuition.

Number three, food. Cheese curds in the cafeteria, that probably cost $1.00 to make, sell for nearly $5.00. If that isn't the definition of inflation, please tell me what is. I ought to open my own restraint on campus and charge a fair price for food. Again, I have a feeling that our college gets their food rather discounted, or on some special kind of government program.

Number four. What would it take to get the library to extend its hours? If they did, they could have more students on a work study program, creating jobs, and cheaper education for students. Most students that I know work right after class. Usually until 9 or 10pm. Then they go home to do their homework, because the library is closed. We all know that its very hard to concentrate on homework, in the distracting comforts of your own home.

Number five. Toilet paper. It is a necessity, and bowel movements are a part of nature. So, why do we have to be supplied with one-ply, rough-n-ready TP? Why can't WTC splurge a little bit on some more comforting toilet paper? It wouldn't be that hard to switch, and the student moral would shoot through the roof.

Obviously these are my opinions, and I haven't done any research to support them. But I have been blessed with intuition.

2 comments:

  1. You are so right on all of your opinions!! The parking here is horrible. Something has to be done. And the cafeteria is so expensive, that is why I pack a lunch and bring it. Maybe someone will see your blog and do something about these things. But don't count on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the printing costs, I have not had time to put more money in my account, so I have not been able to print anything, it is very annoying! and the parking passes, I bought the red parking pass which was way more expensive, but the classes im taking it makes sence. I agree with you though, there are many things that oould be changed!

    ReplyDelete